Sunday, April 10, 2011

Holy fumes!

This past week (Thurs, Fri, Sat) we had all of our wood floors redone, which consisted of the dining room, the living room, the master bedroom and the baby's room. I stayed at my parents, Joey was out of town. Yesterday, Joey came home and we had planned to stay at the house. Walking in the door we were hit by fumes! Callie wouldn't even walk into the house! We decided to stay at a hotel. We ran inside to grab a few things for overnight, and we both left with burning eyes and headaches, jeeze!

Joey and I are at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing. It's an awesome hotel! It's all ecofriendly, the rooms are super nice and the bed is comfy! We enjoyed the best continental breakfast I've ever had this morning! Callie is enjoying it too! (Lucy is still up at Joey's parents' house). Check out is at noon, and boy do we have a big day ahead of us!

First things first, we need to head home and open the windows to air the house out! We can finally walk on the floors (well, we could have lastnight at 8pm, but we weren't going to wait that long in those fumes!) Then off to find area rugs for the living room, our room and the dining room. Then a little bit of yard work (don't judge, the Christmas garland is still up on the porch... I'm so embarrassed! I blame it on preggo fatigue!)

Off to shower up and seize the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment